Thursday, September 21, 2017
Action Alert! Call Congressional Representatives from New York to Oppose the Graham-Cassidy Bill
Act today to stop the Republicans in the Senate from repealing the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and making devastating cuts to Medicaid!
The Graham-Cassidy proposal is the latest attempt to repeal the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and gut the Medicaid program. It will have a devastating impact on Medicaid, especially in New York State, which will suffer billions of dollars in Medicaid funding cuts if this bill passes.
It would cause virtually all of the same devastating impacts as previous repeal bills already rejected by the Senate, and would disproportionately harm seniors and people with disabilities. This bill would:
- Allow insurers to charge individuals with pre-existing conditions more money for health coverage
- Cap and block grant Medicaid (the equivalent of Medicaid cuts)
- Cut funding for Medicaid expansion
- Cut funding for financial assistance that helps low-wage workers and moderate-income families buy private insurance
- Repeal the ACA individual and employer mandates
This bill is gaining momentum in the Senate, and it must be stopped! While our New York Senators are thankfully opposed to this harmful bill, it is important that we push for Republican Representatives in the House to come out in opposition!
Call the following Congressional Representatives and urge them to come out publically in opposition to the Graham-Cassidy bill.
Lee Zeldin, First District #202-2253826
Peter King, Second district #202-225-7896
Daniel Donovan,11th district #202-225-3371
John Faso, 19th District #202-225-5614
*** Elise Stefanik 21st district #202-225-4611 ***
Claudia Tenney 22nd district #202-225-3665
Tom Reed, 23rd District #202-225-3161
John Katko, 24th District #202-225-3701
Chris Collins, 27th District #202-225-5265
Urge them to:
- Oppose the Graham-Cassidy proposal and any other bill that cuts, caps, or block grants Medicaid.
- Support bi-partisan efforts to stabilize the healthcare marketplace and improve healthcare for all.
Click the link below to log in and send your message:
Kaiser Family Foundation
Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
This is an Action Alert from the New York Association on Independent Living.